Winter Haven Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’ve suffered a serious injury due to someone else’s negligence, contact a personal injury attorney in Winter Haven, Florida.
After an accident, those who suffer a serious injury because of the carelessness of another have the right to take legal action. You can file an injury case against the person or persons responsible for your accident and injuries.
The personal injury claim process can be difficult, as you will need to investigate your accident, gather evidence to prove fault, and deal with the at-fault party’s insurance provider, all while trying to recover from your injuries.
Winning your claim is imperative to receiving the compensation you need. However, this can be a difficult task, which is why it’s crucial to work with a Winter Haven personal injury lawyer from Lopez & Humphries, PA.
What Are Some Examples of Winter Haven Personal Injury Cases?
Before our Winter Haven injury lawyers can obtain the benefits you’re after, we’ll first need to identify the type of case you have on your hands. Personal injury law encompasses many different types of situations and accidents, and each type calls for certain types of evidence or negotiation tactics.
Determining which type of accident you were involved in and the extent of your injuries will allow our lawyers to build the strongest case possible. Some common examples of serious injury cases include the following:
- Workplace Accidents – Every employer is required by law to maintain a safe, hazard-free work environment for their employees. This is true even in inherently dangerous careers, such as construction. Although work comp is likely an option, you might also have the option of a personal injury claim when gross negligence or outside third parties were involved.
- Product Liability – In a product liability case, your injuries would need to be sustained due to a faulty or dangerous product. In these situations, the manufacturer can be held liable. This type of case often involves medications, foods, cosmetics, and electronics.
- Motor Vehicle Crashes – Car accidents are some of the most common types of personal injury cases. They happen for all types of reasons, such as speeding, texting while driving, and driving under the influence of alcohol. Malfunctioning car parts and unsafe roadways are also often to blame.
- Premises Liability – Every commercial or residential property owner is required to ensure that their grounds are safe. If they don’t and you are hurt while legally on their grounds, you can hold them liable for any damages sustained.
- Trucking Wrecks – Commercial truck drivers, and the companies they work for, are expected to follow strict safety procedures. This is to ensure the safety of other drivers on the road. If a trucker or company fails to follow these rules and causes you injury, you can hold them accountable for your losses.
- Medical Malpractice – Doctors and other medical professionals should not be permitted to make negligent mistakes that cost you your health, or your very life. Filing a malpractice claim against a negligent medical provider can ensure that medical standards of care remain high.
- Nursing Home Abuse – You just want your loved one to be safe and well cared for, so you would likely be shocked to learn that they were abused in a nursing home setting. Your beloved family member deserves justice for the suffering they’ve endured at the hands of an abuser.
How Does Your Winter Haven Personal Injury Affect Your Settlement?
It makes sense that different injuries will result in different settlement amounts. You don’t expect to receive the exact same settlement amount as someone else just because you were both involved in car accidents. You would expect your settlement amount to be unique to your experience and to the losses you’ve sustained.
The seriousness of your injury plays a big role in your settlement amount. When you sustain only a minor injury, you will likely have only a small amount of damages. You won’t require extensive medical treatment, rehabilitation services, or have suffered lost time from work, etc.
When you sustain a serious injury, you can expect to suffer great damages. Your injury could even be permanent, which has the potential to change your life. You might never be able to work again; you could be dealing with debilitating pain; you might require physical therapy; and, you could even need caregiving assistance forever.
As you can see, the injury you’ve received in your accident will affect your claim’s value. Your Winter Haven injury attorney at our firm will work to see that you receive a fair settlement that corresponds with your injury’s seriousness and the losses you’ve faced.
The following are some common injuries known to lead to extensive damages for injury victims:
- Traumatic head injuries
- Spinal damage
- Burn injuries
- Loss of limb
- Organ and internal damage
- Broken bones
What Types of Benefits Can Injury Victims Recover in Winter Haven?
No matter what type of accident you were in, the benefits typically awarded in personal injury claims are usually the same. Although the specific ones you’ll be eligible to recover will largely depend on the extent of your damages and how much they affect your life, it’s still helpful to understand what damages can be recovered.
Your injury attorney in Winter Haven will do everything possible to see that you are paid full compensation for both your financial and non-financial losses. Financial losses are any expenses this accident brought you, and non-financial losses are all the ways this accident has affected you in physical, emotional, and mental ways.
Typically, victims who sustain a serious injury due to the negligence of another party can recover the following damages when they apply:
- Wrongful death benefits
- Compensation for any property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Compensation for any past or future medical cost
- Loss of earning capacity
- Compensation for any wages lost while you were in recovery
- Reimbursement for any permanent scarring or disfigurement
Contact an Injury Attorney in Winter Haven
If you suffered a serious injury in an accident, Lopez & Humphries, PA can help. We will fight to ensure you recover the benefits you deserve.
Get in touch with a Winter Haven personal injury lawyer today. Give our office a call at 863-709-8500 or fill out the online contact form at the bottom of the page to schedule a free consultation.