How Do I Get My Medical Bills Paid After an Accident?

If you’ve been injured in an accident in Florida, you’re probably asking yourself this question: How do I get my medical bills paid after an accident? One way is to file a personal injury claim against the person who injured you. Florida law allows those who’ve been injured by another person to recover their losses in civil court.

Types of Personal Injury Claims

It doesn’t really matter what type of accident you were injured in—you can still receive compensation as long as someone else was responsible for the accident. That being said, there are different laws that govern different case types.

Here are a few of the different types of accidents you could file a personal injury claim for, with the intent of obtaining compensation to pay for your medical bills and other losses:

  • Medical malpractice
  • Vehicle crashes
  • Serious and catastrophic injuries
  • Workplace accidents
  • Construction accidents
  • Product liability
  • Premises liability
  • Nursing home abuse

Damages You May Be Eligible For

In addition to the medical expenses your accident has caused, you may be eligible for other damages you might not have considered. An accident can cause other losses in your life, such as missing out on work wages while you’re recovering.

Take a look at some of the damages you may be eligible for when you file a personal injury claim:

  • Pain and suffering
  • All accident-related medical expenses, such as medications, copays, hospital visits, etc.
  • Missed work wages
  • Permanent injury
  • Scarring and disfigurement
  • Mental anguish
  • Physical therapy and mental health treatment

Need an Injury Attorney? Contact Our Firm

Now you know the answer to your question: How do I get my medical bills paid after an accident? To get an evaluation of your injury case for free, contact Lopez & Humphries, PA by filling out the online contact form below. You can also dial 863-709-8500 to reach us.