Winter Haven Car Accident Lawyer
Has an auto accident left you buried in debt? Let a car accident attorney in Winter Haven, Florida, help you collect the full compensation you’re owed.
As a driver, you do everything you can to remain safe while you're on the road. Unfortunately, accidents are sometimes unavoidable no matter what you do. When a crash is the result of another person's negligence or reckless behavior, you have the right to seek compensation for any property or medical damages you have sustained.
However, taking on this responsibility by yourself is not easy. Florida’s legal system can be complex, and dealing with the insurance company can be confusing. Lopez & Humphries, PA can help you through all of this. Our Winter Haven car accident lawyers will ensure that you get the benefits you deserve.
What Caused Your Winter Haven Auto Wreck and Who Is Liable
Determining the cause of your auto wreck is crucial. You must know the cause in order to determine liability. For example, if faulty brakes caused your car accident, then that could point to a manufacturing defect or shoddy service work.
In some auto wreck cases, the cause will be easy enough to figure out. For instance, if you were hit and injured by a drunk driver, you will know easily who is to blame for your crash and related injuries. Not every case is this easy to figure out, though. In some cases, the cause can be extremely difficult to pinpoint.
It can be a great help to have a Winter Haven vehicle crash attorney assist you in investigating your accident and figuring out the cause. Once the cause is determined, your lawyer can put together a case against the at-fault party. Putting together your case will include collecting key evidence that proves fault.
Listed below are some of the common causes of vehicle wrecks in Winter Haven, as well as who could be liable in each situation.
- Hazardous Road Conditions – Dangerous roads can cause accidents as easily as a reckless driver. Potholes, faded lane markings, and dangerous intersections are examples of dangerous road conditions. If you’ve been injured because of a hazard on the road, you could hold the government liable.
- Reckless Driving – Speeding, red light running, following too closely, and unsafe lane changes are examples of dangerous driving behaviors. Dangerous driving is unacceptable, and the person responsible can be held liable for your losses.
- Drunk Driving – A leading cause of vehicle wrecks, drunk driving is dangerous to everyone. Drunk drivers can be prosecuted in criminal court. They can also be held financially liable for your damages in civil court.
- Defective Vehicle Parts – Manufacturers can be held legally responsible when they create subpar auto parts that cause you injury.
- Distracted Driving – Cell phone use, putting on makeup, eating, and drinking are all distractions while driving, and they can lead to accidents.
- Poor Auto Repair Work – Sometimes the person who services your vehicle can make careless mistakes that lead to wrecks. If you were injured because of poor auto service work, you can pursue the party responsible by filing a claim against them.
Dealing with the Insurance Company After a Winter Haven Auto Crash
Many accident victims make the mistake of dealing with the insurance company directly. Unfortunately, far too many people mistakenly believe that a crash’s aftermath will be straightforward and easy to deal with.
However, it’s important to remember that the insurance company’s primary goal will be protecting their profits—not your well-being. As such, they might try to trick you into providing recorded statements that they’ll later use against you, or they may use pressure tactics to try to get you to accept an offer that is less than what you deserve.
Don’t fall into this trap. Instead, work with a Winter Haven car accident attorney and let us handle all communications and negotiations with the insurance company. This is the only way to ensure the best outcome available and protect your rights.
Recovering Auto Wreck Damages in Winter Haven
Our car crash lawyers can help you maximize your damages recovered. With our assistance, you will stand a solid chance of recovering the full cost of your accident injuries and damages. Not only can we see to it that the insurance company doesn’t take advantage of you, but we can also assist you in calculating your claim’s value.
It’s important to take into consideration how your injuries will affect your future.
For instance, if you suffer a head injury, your life could be changed forever. You could have difficulty working as you used to; you could struggle to complete simple tasks; your memory and cognition could be worsened. You will need to be compensated for all your injuries and suffering in order to provide for your future.
You deserve to be fully compensated for all your losses, both economic and non-economic. Many people don’t understand the extent of their losses and they sell themselves short. Your Winter Haven auto injury lawyer at our firm will see that you receive payment for your current and future damages.
Some of the damages your settlement might include are as follows:
- Compensation for property damage repair and replacement
- Reimbursement for any past or future medical bills, including ambulance fees, hospital bills, doctor appointments, medication costs, and more
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of earning capacity
- Reimbursement for lost wages
- Wrongful death benefits
Connect with a Winter Haven Auto Wreck Attorney
If you were hurt in an automotive collision but weren’t responsible for the crash, Lopez & Humphries, PA wants you to know that there are options for legal recourse available. You have every right to file a claim against the liable party seeking compensation for what you’ve been through, and our law firm will ensure that you get the maximum compensation possible.
If you’re interested in getting started on a claim, don’t wait to get in touch with our team. Fill out the online contact form at the bottom of the page to set up a free consultation with a Winter Haven car accident lawyer. Alternatively, you can simply give us a call today at 863-709-8500.