Polk County Car Accident Lawyer
Dealing with the aftermath of a motor vehicle collision is no easy undertaking. Reach out to an experienced Polk County car crash lawyer who can help you hold the at-fault parties accountable for their negligent actions.
Auto crash injuries can be truly devastating. Many survivors suffer from traumatic brain injuries, amputations, broken bones, and many other types of serious injuries that require extensive physical therapy and can keep you out of work for an extended period of time.
Don't end up in financial ruin because of the irresponsible decisions of someone else. A Polk County car accident lawyer at Lopez & Humphries, PA will work tirelessly to investigate the cause of the crash, establish who’s to blame, and ensure that every loss is taken into consideration when determining the amount of compensation you deserve.
Negotiating with the Insurance Company
One of your first thoughts after being involved in a car crash in Polk County probably has something to do with how you'll go about getting your damages covered by the liable party’s insurance company. The problem is that insurance companies don't make a habit of prioritizing the needs of claimants and policyholders above themselves.
Some adjusters will even go so far as to twist the statements given to them by injury victims to make it appear as though they have accepted blame or admitted guilt for the accident. In doing so, they will legally be able to reduce the amount that they are required to settle for in court.
Your attorney from our firm will be well-versed in these strategies and will have the experience necessary to fight back against these questionable tactics. We won't allow you to settle for less than what your claim is worth. If the insurance companies fail to negotiate a fair and reasonable offer, we are prepared to bring them to court.
Your Serious Injuries Deserve Serious Compensation
It’s common knowledge that auto wrecks often cause devastating injuries for accident victims, but did you know that your injury plays a role in the amount of compensation you can receive? It makes sense that when you’ve sustained a life-altering injury, your damages will be higher.
For example, a minor injury, such as a sprained wrist, will likely heal and you can get back to work in a short amount of time. However, a serious injury, such as a traumatic brain injury (TBI), could change your life permanently. You might not be able to work the job you once did and you could require ongoing medical treatment.
You deserve to receive payment for your losses, and the more serious your losses, the more damages you will have. Your Polk County auto injury lawyer at our firm makes it a point to secure you all the money you require for providing for your future after you’ve been hurt in a car crash you didn’t cause.
Below are some injuries that can lead to huge losses for the accident victims:
- Brain Damage – Head trauma can change everything from your personality to your coordination. This type of injury can make it impossible for you to work, and you will need monetary compensation to provide for yourself and your family.
- Spinal Cord Injury – A serious spine injury could leave you paralyzed or with chronic back pain. Your life will most certainly be altered by an injury of this magnitude.
- Broken Bones – Some people don’t consider broken bones all that serious, but it depends on the break. Some broken bones will never heal properly, and this could affect your mobility and job prospects.
- Loss of Limb – A traumatic injury, limb loss can impact your day-to-day life to such an extent that you will lose your life happiness. You must be compensated for such a serious injury by winning your injury claim.
- Burn Injuries – Some burn injuries can damage your nerves and muscle tissue. You could be permanently scarred or disfigured, which could also impact you on an emotional level.
- Internal Injuries – Injuries to your organs can negatively impact your health. You might need to undergo multiple surgeries to correct the damage, and you might never get back to the state of health you were in before the accident.
How Will Your Polk County Injury Lawyer Win Your Case?
No one can guarantee that your claim will be successful, but with the right attorney, your chances increase dramatically. You need an attorney who knows how to investigate a car accident, gather the right evidence needed to prove your case and your injuries, and who can handle negotiations with the involved insurance company.
A Polk County auto wreck attorney from our firm will do the work of winning your case so you can focus on your injuries and recovering from them. We will interview witnesses, hire car accident experts to testify about your case, gather police reports, collect your medical records, and put together the best possible claim.
Get the Most Out of Your Polk County Car Crash Claim
If you hope to get all of your losses covered by the person who caused your auto accident, we will need to go over every way in which your life has been affected by the injuries you suffered. Commonly sought damages after a car crash include the following:
- Lost wages
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage
- Loss of consortium
- Damage to potential future earnings
- Medical expenses
- Loss of household services
- Emotional distress
When the defendant in your case purposefully harmed you or acted with egregious negligence, the judge may award a sum of punitive damages as a form of punishment. These damages can be extremely beneficial to the ultimate success of your case, and they are meant to make an example of the wrongdoer.
Your car accident attorney in Polk County can build you a strong claim that will help maximize your compensation.
Call a Polk County Car Accident Attorney
You don't have to go through this complicated process alone. A qualified and experienced lawyer with Lopez & Humphries, PA will be by your side every step of the way to ensure that you are prepared for what's to come and that you walk away with the compensation you are entitled to.
We are proud to provide no-obligation, no-cost case assessments to our prospective clients. You can schedule your meeting with a Polk County car accident lawyer by giving our office a call at 863-709-8500 or filling out the convenient contact form below.