Do I Have to Go to Court for a Car Accident?

You’ve done your best to avoid a car accident, but it happened anyway. Someone’s carelessness has caused you to be seriously injured, and now you have suffered property damage, pain, and trauma because of it.

You know that when your injuries are severe, you have a right to file a claim against the party that injured you, but you’re scared of being forced into a courtroom to receive the money you need to pay for your accident-related losses.

Fear of going to court is common, and you aren’t alone if this question is on your mind: “Do I have to go to court for a car accident?”

The Florida Car Accident Claim Process

If you’ve been hurt in a vehicle collision, you will be happy to learn that you most likely don’t have to go to court to receive compensation for your damages.

In most situations, your attorney can help you avoid the courtroom. Your lawyer can build a case strong enough to convince the at-fault party or the insurance company to pay you a fair settlement—without ever going to court.

Your lawyer will investigate your vehicle wreck, find out what caused it, and prove to the insurance company that you’re owed compensation for your experience.

With enough evidence, the other side will not want to go to court because they will know that they will lose. The insurance company can be convinced to pay you a settlement that adequately compensates you for your pain, suffering, property damage, lost wages, and other expenses and losses.

Insurance companies have been known to take advantage of vehicle crash victims, so it’s a good idea to have a lawyer on your side. Your attorney will help you determine whether the other side’s settlement offer is fair. If it’s not a fair offer, your attorney may advise going to court to recover the compensation you truly deserve.

Get in Touch with a Lakeland Auto Collision Lawyer

Now you know that you don’t always have to go to court for a car accident. For help with your case, contact Lopez & Humphries, PA. We offer free case reviews to those who call us at 863-709-8500 or fill out the online contact form at the bottom of this page.