Bartow Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have suffered an injury and need help obtaining compensation for the expenses you’ve incurred, get in touch with a qualified Bartow injury lawyer.
Being injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence can have tremendous effects on your life. If your injuries were serious, you could be facing a substantial recovery period, during which you’ll be unable to work. If the lack of income will affect your ability to support yourself and your family, this becomes a huge problem—and quickly.
Luckily, Florida law allows you to seek compensation from the person who harmed you. If you are unsure about how to move forward with a personal injury claim, reach out to Lopez & Humphries, PA to speak with a Bartow personal injury lawyer.
Does Your Accident Warrant an Injury Claim?
After you’ve been injured, you’re more than likely wondering what your options are for holding the person or people who harmed you accountable for your damages. Many types of accidents will warrant a Bartow personal injury claim. Some of these include the following:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – These are collisions between buses, big rigs, cars, motorcycles, and other motor vehicles or stationary objects, such as street lights or highway medians.
- Medical Malpractice – In a medical malpractice claim, a medical professional has made a judgement error and caused further harm to a patient he or she was responsible for treating. Examples could include misdiagnosing an illness or failing to treat a condition.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents – Slip-and-fall accidents are generally the responsibility of the property owner for failing to maintain safe conditions for guests and patrons. These incidents fall under the broader category of premises liability claims.
- Defective Products – When you purchase an item and it harms you, you may have a product liability case on your hands. Anything from scalding coffee to exploding household appliances could warrant such a claim.
- Dog Bites – In a dog attack, the owner of the dog is usually held accountable for the behavior of the pooch—except in instances of trespassing or provocation.
Your role as the injured victim in any of the above accidents entitles you to seek compensation from the at-fault party. You should never be expected to cover the costs of an injury when you weren’t responsible for the accident in the first place.
Full Compensation for Your Injuries and Losses
The amount of compensation you receive will depend on the severity of your injuries and how great their impact is on your life.
Usually, personal injury victims in Bartow can seek compensation for damages like lost wages, damage to future earning potential, medical expenses, pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of consortium, loss of enjoyment of life, and the effects of disfigurement.
Ultimately, our goal will be to secure maximum compensation from the at-fault party so you can be made whole for the injuries you’ve been forced to suffer.
Get in Touch with a Bartow Personal Injury Attorney
If you would like to discuss the details of the accident you were involved in and learn how we can help you recover compensation from the person who harmed you, consult with one of the experienced lawyers at Lopez & Humphries, PA today.
You can schedule a free, no-obligation claim evaluation with a Bartow personal injury lawyer by filling out the convenient contact form we’ve provided below or giving us a call at 863-709-8500.